Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Uncut... till now!

Ok ...First of all get your mind out the gutter from the title.

I just got back from the Dr. and my surgery is 7:30 am on Wednesday January 19th. I have to be at the Hospital at 5:30 am. Myrna and Ronnie (parents) will bring me to and from surgery. I will recover for a few days at their house in Metairie (gag). Hopefully it will just be a few days there. The surgeon has already informed me the standard recovery time is 2 weeks. WHAT???

Yes that's right 2 WEEKS!

I am actually pretty nervous about this. I have never been "put under" for a surgery. I have had surgeries in the past, but have always been awake. Somebody pass the Valium and Vodka!

I will also have to endure the constant presence of my parents. I know they mean well, but so many times, as parents normally do, drive me totally nuts! The house has no computer, and no cable.
HELLOOOOOO lets get with the program Mom and Dad!

I will not be able to speak for a number of days (NOT A WORD TIMOTHY!) I wont be able to IM or watch a day full of "While You Were Out or "Trading Spaces" hosted by my former dressing room mate Evan.) So I hope to spend just a few days there and get dropped off back in the Warehouse District so I can relax in my own space. I will recover into the Mardi Gras season, and that totally sucks, BUT at least it is before the 2nd weekend, which is the biggest part of the holiday.

Oh well, it's for my own good.

Bring on the Ice Cream...Chocolate preferably!

and that's the way it is...

1 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger phdaisy said...

Hey there! My blog was down for nearly 3 weeks so it looks like you might still be recovering. Hope you're feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home