Wednesday, January 05, 2005

This time around...

Listening to Linda Eder....

That title above says it all.

Well, first off I must apologize for not updating in over a month... CAN YOU BELIEVE? A MONTH!

I have pretty much settled in my new place, and things are going well. I am very happy there. I think even more than I thought I would be. It is a beautiful place, and the location is SWEET!

I had an offer on the house that I accepted, but the purchaser failed in her loan attempts, so it’s back on the market. This really sucks, because I was so thrilled for it all to be over so soon. It's tough paying a house note and rent. I have enough money stored for another month, but I'll need to start looking for a second job in the meanwhile, to cover expenses. So, if anyone knows of a good part-time job after about 5:30 weekdays, I'd be greatly appreciative.


Well...After Thanksgiving, I got the rest of my furnishings moved in and started to throw out and unload. I gave a majority of my un-needed stuff to my sister and her husband. I figured they could use it in NYC.

As my parents prepared for Sis & Hubby's visit (a.k.a. Kerry & Faan.) and me trying to get settled as well, we were given the news that my brother Kevin is moving out of my parent’s house, moving to NYC and in with Kerry & Faan. It should be interesting to see how that pans out. Nonetheless, I am sure the donations from my house will now come in handy.

Work has been very hectic, and I have been super busy. We lost one person, so I had to pick up all the slack. I can tell you it has been tough during the holidays to keep up. So many people out of the office, yet the work does not slow down. There were a few days it was just me there, and I was ready to pull my hair out. I have to say that I handled it well under pressure, and accomplished what was needed. I did receive a nice bonus this year and was promised a nice raise. So things are looking better at the office.

Kerry and Faan arrived on December 19th and hit the ground running. Kerry has not been home in over a year, and this was Faan's first time in New Orleans. It was good to see them both.

The holidays were spent with family and friends, and for the first time in over a decade, our entire family was together. Parents/Siblings/Aunts/Uncles/Cousins... It was truly a joy.

To top it all off, as most of us here know already, it snowed on Christmas Day. We got our White Christmas on such an important occasion for our family. It is a day I will not soon forget. I reminded my Aunt, the last time it snowed like that, she was at our house just a few days before Christmas, and she and my cousin were stuck at our house. It became 1 big sleep over and we cut up while locked inside during the snow. It was just days before my very first trip to NYC. I was so excited to get there and go to a real Broadway show and see snow for the first time, although NOLA beat me to that, that year. Looking back, it's funny to know that since then, I have moved to NYC and back, my sister lives there with her new husband and now my brother is going to take a stab at the Big Apple. Knowing what we know now, huh?

I hosted a New Years Eve party, and enjoyed a "quarterless" evening. I had promised myself that this year will be different. I was NOT going to be in the THRONGS of drunkards in the French Quarter and be stuck tightly between people I hardly knew, all trying to get their tongue down someone’s throat for the sake of a New Years kiss. Instead I rang in the New Year with friends and champagne on my fabulous rooftop, and enjoyed a wonderful display of fireworks. After midnight we retreated downstairs where people said their goodbyes and went off 9into the night. I cleaned a bit and fell asleep in my cozy bed, curled up to my pillow. I was content. 2005 WILL BE different. (More to follow)...

January 1, 2005

Kerry Kevin & Faan decided to get moving early, so after New Years dinner at the parents house we all said our goodbyes (tear-filled parents) and they were on their way back to NYC in a moving truck with Kevin's belongings, and donations from my home.

It was a nice holiday. I must say I’m not sad to see 2004 leave us. It was not great by any means, but at least it was better than 2003 which I could not wait to be done.

Now on to better things for myself...











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home