Friday, August 19, 2005

Dog Days of Summer

Well here I am...

Sorry that it has been a while.

The show kept me really busy until the end of July.

First of all, thank you to everyone who supported the show, the response was unbelievable. Our meer 5 week run turned into 8 weeks! It was tiring yet exhilarating at the same time. I really appreciate those kind words and compliments from those who I have spoken to. It meant a lot to me, considering my own issues in originally doing the show. Your support is appreciated.

So let's see..updates...

I re-connected with someone I had a complete crush on. We had a great time together, and some great dates. He is someone I definitely want around. Now my dilemma, and tell me if I am being over judgmental about this....

We had a discussion about what was happening between us, and we had decided we were not "together" yet, he wants to spend more time and see where things lead. Now, this is fine by me, I respect that. He told me my outgoing personality is something he has to deal with, because he is sort of a quiet guy, and is not used to attention. I am the type of person (he says) that goes anywhere, and people are just drawn to, and are totally outgoing and comfortable with. ( ok personal comment...WTF!) yet again, I respect what he feels and am willing to make him feel more at ease about his concerns...Now my issue

A day or so later, I couldn't sleep, so got up and decided to pop on to my computer to chat till I got sleepy. As I got online I saw his screen name pop up. I clicked to say hi, and noticed that he suddenly had a little "bio-line" that stated...

Good looking...nice guy Uptown.. athletic... Say hi, you never know...any good Tops around, IM me :-)

WTF?

Now it is 2:00 am, and he has just signed on with that on his profile. YES, we are not a couple, and No, I don't have any "ties" to say what he does.

BUT I mean God Damn, I have never ever had that on my profile ever. and its 2:00 am. What am I supposed to think?

Well, I didn't say hi or anything, I just went to bed upset, leaving the computer logged on. Now, I didn't even get a hello or anything from him online, and I KNOW he saw me on.

Am I wrong to feel what I feel? I'm not saying he is doing anything, nor is it my business, but to be online with that on ones profile at 2:00 am, is just a bit sketchy for me. I guess it brings up a trust issue for me. I feel so confused and stupid :-(

He has text messaged me a few times to keep in touch, and I have responded, but we have not seen each other since. I guess I am trying to figure out what to do next. Now I was in NYC this past weekend, so in all fairness, I have not been avoiding him completely, although to a certain extent, I realize I have.

I mentioned what happened to my sister, and she said NO WAY, cut that shit off. Do NOT surround myself with people like that, I'll only get hurt. I know in so many ways she is correct, yet I feel I want to maintain a friendship in some way with him. I keep thinking though, I'll say something about maintaining a friendship, and in 2 weeks (just as my luck always goes) he will be in some fantastic relationship that will last ages. All of this because maybe I over reacted at a bio-line????

HELP ME ANYONE! What do I do? or is my gut feeling just the best?



Ok next... LOL don't laugh, cuz as most of you know, I never seem to have anyone after me.

2 more guys

1 in N Carolina
and
1 in Lafayette

Lafayette, I met 2 weeks ago. Nice guy, really cute. Calls me daily, keep in touch We get along great, and laugh a LOT. Owns his own salon in LAF. Pretty grounded.
BUT HE IS IN LAFAYETTE!

N Carolina, I met online. (save it!) UBER HOT, hottie (OMG HIS BODY), chat a lot, talk on cam, same story as LAF guy... and so sweet and loving. He is an EMT, and thinking about going to Tulane.
BUT HE IS IN N CAROLINA!

UHHHGGGGGG GRRRRRRRRRR

Both will be in town for decadence (which I usually avoid). Then if I run into him (read above) ... what do I do then?

When it rains it pours, doesn't it? I guess I know either can't work right now. The distance alone is the killer. I must admit though, being paid attention to has been refreshing.


(end of part 1)


and that's the way it is...

2 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger YankeeNexile said...

Since you asked I'll toss my two cents worth in the pile....you popped online at 2 am to "chat until you got sleepy"??? Be honest, what kind of chat were you looking for? Let's assume your reasons were innocent.

Next question, why are you dating a bottom? KIDDING!

If you don't have a committment with "him" then it's none of your concern what he was doing online, but pretending you didn't see it and passive aggressively leaving yourself signed on isn't the answer either. It makes you uncomfortable so you should talk it over with him and get a resolution.

Don't take gay love advice from straight people even if it is your sister.

#'s 2 and 3 are too far away, plain and simple...

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger P@rick said...

ok about the bottom comment (SMACK)

moving on...

YES it was innocent
online chat does not = sex
even at 2:00 am... I do it to get sleepy again sometimes.

I should talk to him I know...
It's tough :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home