Monday, October 18, 2004

Tea for Two but NONE for ME

This should all be underscored with "No Man Left for Me" from The Will Rogers Follies. Cuz That's how I have been feeling. Thus the title on my Blog... Water, Water Everywhere and not a Drop to Drink.

Ok enough of the overly dramatic...

Saturday, was a clean up day around my house. The weather outside was beautiful, so I decided to take advantage of it,. I figured I'd work in the yard, and not feel so awful from doing such. My yard is in need of an overhaul . I "Gutted" a lot of stuff from flower beds (all overgrown with weeds and vines) and cut the lawn (7" High). Unfortunately, I have been too busy to keep up as I have wanted, but I am now going to make a true effort to do better.

I did not get started till about 2:00 due to the fact I had ventured out on Friday evening. ( see prior post) I felt pretty good about my accomplishments, and decided to quit where I was and shower and throw a steak on the BBQ.

I slipped into some PJ pants, opened all the windows, put my hall fan on, and enjoyed the wonderful "free weather" we are having here. I chatted online a bit and crashed early so that I could get up and work around the house some more, starting early Sunday.

SUNDAY... Yawn, Stretch

WOW, another beautiful day. I slip outside at about 9:30 and begin on my yardwork some more. I am thinking of friends and loved ones. As I do this...I am wanting to throw some sort of fall BBQ outside on the brick deck. My last party here was a HUGE hit, but it was 3 years ago. So I think I want to throw 1 together soon.

Strangely, out of the blue, I think of my dear friend Kathy Reiss. I know her father has been very ill, and the family wasn't expecting him to live much longer. For some innate reason, I felt he had passed, and that I'd be getting a phone call soon. Within the hour, that call came. He had passed away at 10:00 that morning. My heart goes out to Kathy and her family. I know it's something that is most people's greatest fear... losing a parent. I cannot even imagine how I will feel when that day comes. It is a day I completely fear, and hope is far, far away.

I continue to complete my yard work, and pick up all that mess. I am pretty pleased with my accomplishment, and I set inside to shower and nap. I plan on celebrating by going to "tea" at Le Pub (Thx M@).

TEA for TWO

Well, I showered napped and got myself together and went out to Tea. I actually found a decent parking space ( 1.5 blocks away) and headed out to the infamous corner of St Ann and Bourbon.

I could here Becky Allen from inside OZ... "O-69" "ahhhhhhh...ohhhhhh...yeah baby" so of course I peaked my head in to see how crowded it was and continued on to "Le Pub" I went right to Lil John's bar said hello, and greeted a number of people I know, ALL COUPLES ... OF COURSE! It seems it's TEA for TWO everywhere. Everybody I run into is in relationship these days. This is starting to get on my nerves, cuz I want one. The New Orleans dating pool leaves a lot to be desired, but damn, why should it be that difficult. I order a madras, and decide to "loop around." It is pretty festive out, and the weather is still beautiful. I run into the sister of an old friend from my baseball days. She recognized me first, and we proceeded to talk a bit. She kept asking me "where my man was" ... LOL I WISH!... of course I responded with "I have no man, baby"... all she could keep saying was "why???"... "look at you".."why not." Now, I have heard this many times. I guess it is flattering, but I doesn't help me really.

Anyway... I digress

I met a nice couple from North Carolina that just bought a small condo here as a second home. They have been together 9 years, and loved NOLA so much they needed to have a place here. We chatted a bit, exchanged numbers, and I continued on my way. I ran into more friends of mine yet another COUPLE, and we discussed Halloween plans.

I spot another couple (which I am not fond of) Ugly hairy sketchy leather Dr. and his Bottom Boyfriend du jour. He tries to talk to me, "Hay buddy" but I completely ignore him. The same way he did when he felt he was too good to talk to me when he had "stunning drop dead gorgeous money grubbing hot muscle boi" ...Uhhhg I hate attitudes. ( Let me tell you how I really feel!)

I hang out a bit more and return home and hit the sack. It's an early rise on a Monday morning at 6:00 a.m. Especially since I have to teach Hip Hop Class tonight at my studio. Uhhhgg, It never ends!

and that's the way it was!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home